Get a NEXUS Card
If you are an American or Canadian citizen, or a Permanent Resident of either country, you may be eligible for a NEXUS Card.
A NEXUS Card is a “trusted traveller” document that allows you to take advantage of special, expedited lanes at border crossings, security lines at airports and a NEXUS-only bridge at the Niagara border.
A NEXUS Card saves you time when travelling throughout North America by plane or car. Get your NEXUS Card now and reduce travel hassles.
- NEXUS Card
- Application reviewed for completeness and submitted to CBSA and US CBP
- Appointment booking nearest enrolment centre
Get Your NEXUS Card now
Save time and eliminate hassles while travelling.
We’ll review your application for accuracy and completeness and file it with the CBSA and US CBP.
We’ve filed thousands of NEXUS Card applications since the program has been in existence.
Follow the easy 6-step process to get your NEXUS Card
Download the application
Please complete the order form and application forms included herein.
Make sure to include your telephone number and email address where you can be contacted.
Fax or email in your application
Fax or scan and email all forms and documents in the document checklist to our office for review at 1-866-239-9667 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We Will Contact You
You will be contacted within 1-2 business days regarding your application and your preferred interview date.
If you have not been contacted after 2 business days, please contact our
office at 1-855-760-0888 to confirm we have received your order.
Review and Submission
We’ll review your application for completeness and accuracy and submit the application to the GOES system.
Attend your appointment
Attend your appointment at the enrolment centre of your choice. There are 25 enrolment centres along the US-Canadian border and at Canadian international airports. See the list.
Receive Your NEXUS Card
Receive your NEXUS Card, activate it and start taking advantage!
Timeline: How long does it take?
There are three steps to receiving your NEXUS Card:
- initial screening – takes anywhere from 3-6 months or longer, depending on the time of year you apply during (summer wait times are much longer);
- interview – can take anywhere from a few days to weeks or months, depending on the enrolment centre you attend;
- receiving your card – takes about 10 calendar days.
Border Cards will book your appointment at the enrolment centre of your choice at the soonest available a time. We will notify you of cancellations so you can get your card sooner.
Why You Need a NEXUS Card
What You Cannot Use NEXUS Card for
- Your NEXUS Card cannot be used as a passport substitute when flying.
- Your NEXUS Card cannot be used as ID at government agencies that do not recognize it as identification.
- Your NEXUS Card cannot be used in place of a SENTRI Card or other trusted traveller card and is only good for use for travelling within and between the United States and Canada.
- Your NEXUS Card cannot be used by other people.
What You Can Use Your NEXUS Card for
- Use your NEXUS Card at NEXUS-only security lanes at participating airports to get through airport security faster;
- Use your NEXUS Card to get through customs faster, using NEXUS-only kiosks at participating airports;
- Use your NEXUS Card to utilize NEXUS-only lanes at many Canada-US border crossings, and at the NEXUS-only bridge in Niagara Falls;
- Use your NEXUS Card to be pre-cleared when travelling between the US and Canada by private boat.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We have filed thousands of NEXUS Card applications since the introduction of the program. We know how to get you an appointment as soon as possible. We have handled every conceivable type of issue with NEXUS Cards, including appeals.
A NEXUS Card is a “trusted traveller” document for use for travel between Canada and the United States. The card certifies the bearer as a traveller who has been certified as low-risk. The card allows you to use special security lines at airports, special customs kiosks and special lanes at Canada-US border crossings. There is a NEXUS-only bridge in Niagara Falls. The card also allows boaters to travel between the US and Canada with less hassle.
To get a NEXUS Card, you have to prove to both CBSA and US CBP that you are not a travel risk. You must complete an application and submit proofs of identity and citizenship (and status, if applicable) to verify you are who you say you are. You must also attend an interview corroborate everything you said on your application.
The time it takes to get a NEXUS Card depends upon the time of year and which enrolment centre you are able to attend. Applications can be pre-approved within as little as a week or as long as 10 weeks. Interviews can be scheduled within days but can also take weeks or even months, depending on how busy the enrolment centre is.
Note: In our experience, summer is the busiest time for NEXUS applications and the waiting times are longest between May and September.
APPLY FOR YOUR NEXUS CARD NOW
Save Time and Eliminate Hassles while travelling.
We’ll review your application for accuracy and completeness and submit it to both CBSA and US CBP.
Do you have more questions?
We’re here to help!
96% of reviewers recommend Border Cards’ NEXUS Card service
Ask a question and get a response within one business day.
Do you have more questions?
We’re here to help!