Terms and Conditions of this site
Border Cards is a private company which assists people with Canadian immigration and travel documentation matters. We are not the government and we are not affiliated with any government agency.
Border Cards offers one type of service: fixed-price applications. By purchasing a service from Border Cards, you acknowledge that
- Border Cards is not responsible for documents lost by Canada Post, courier companies, or any mail service or government office;
- Border Cards is not responsible for applications which are rejected. Applications are rejected at the sole discretion of the applicable government authority;
- All fees are non-refundable once the application has been submitted to the appropriate government agency;
- All fees paid are non-refundable 6 months after the payment has been processed if the application has not yet been submitted to the appropriate government agency;
- Purchase of a service which requires payment of a retainer also necessitates signature of a retainer agreement dictating the terms of Border Cards’ service; no service will be rendered until the executed retainer agreement is provided;
- Purchase of a service indicates the commitment by you, the client, to pay all fees associated with said service;
- All services are subject to a minimum cancellation fee of $42.50 once the transaction has been processed;
- Payment in full is due before an application will be submitted to the government;
- Processing times listed on Border Cards’ website are estimates based on recent historical trends and current information listed by various government agencies, and are subject to change at any time without notice.
Description of Service
The applicant assumes all responsibility and liability that the information on government forms is true and complete. Border Cards assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions or incomplete or illegible information on application forms. Where required, all forms must have an authorized guarantor in order to process them. The applicant must qualify and / or be eligible to receive certificates, passports, and other documents. Eligibility is determined solely by the government in question. The applicant agrees to have made their own travel arrangements – these are not made by Border Cards on behalf of the client. Border Cards assumes no responsibility and / or liability for government processing and / or the production of certificates / cards or any other government task. The applicant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions with regard to payment:
- Payment by Visa, MasterCard, debit card, certified cheque, money order or bank drat.
- All payments and transactions are final.
- The aforementioned terms and conditions are in full force and effect until Border Cards has received written notification from the applicant of a cancellation in such a manner as to afford Border Cards reasonable opportunity to act on the said request.
- Border Cards agrees to charge the applicant only for service, H.S.T., government fees, delivery charges, and any disbursements if applicable. There are no H.S.T. charges on government fees.
- Border Cards service fees are additional to any applicable government fees.
- Border Cards Service Fees are non-refundable.
- The processing period will only commence upon receipt of the funds.
- The applicant agrees that Border Cards is not responsible for credit / debit authorization or approval.
- The applicant authorizes Border Cards, in accordance with these terms and conditions, to initiate credit / debit entries on behalf of the applicant.
Border Cards provides Urgent / Rush / Accelerated Service only when the following terms and conditions are met:
- The service is offered by the jurisdiction in charge of the certificate or any other service being requested.
- Where required, a valid guarantor must be available for confirmation – this is a government requirement.
- All government terms and conditions must be met.
- The authorization letter provided must be completed and signed by the applicant and must accompany the application in order for Border Cards to authorize the process and obtain certificate documents and / or government documents.
- Government holidays and closures for any reason(s) voids Urgent Service.
- In some cases, proof of urgency must be provided. Please contact us for more information.
Border Cards provides Regular Service when the following terms and conditions are met:
- Regular Service is based on standard government processing. The time frame for receipt of the requested documentation varies by jurisdiction.
- Any time frame quoted regarding the receipt of requested documents is an estimate, not a guarantee.
- In some cases, the applicant will be notified by Border Cards upon receipt of certificate from the government. In other cases, the government will forward the completed document directly to the applicant. This varies by jurisdiction.
- All other terms and conditions apply.
All fixed-price services are subject to a minimum cancellation fee of $42.50. Increases to the cancellation fee are assessed for each application in relation to how much work has already been completed on the file. All fixed-price application fees are non-refundable once the application has been submitted to the appropriate government agency. All fixed-price application fees paid are non-refundable 6 months after the payment has been processed if the application has not yet been submitted to the appropriate government agency. If a service is cancelled prior to payment of any balance due, the balance of fees owed for this service are still owed if cancellation is initiated.
Border Cards guarantees all its work. If you have reason to believe that we did not submit the best possible application on your behalf, you may request the contact information of the General Manager at Border Cards who will review your case. You are also offered the opportunity to give feedback at the conclusion of your application so that we can improve our service in the future. If you lose your document acquired through Border Cards within six months of our purchase we will discount our service fees 50% for the replacement application.
We appreciate any and all referrals. If you know someone who would benefit from our help, you will receive 20% off your next service. Discounts provided in relation to referrals are not valid in conjunction with any other discounts. Discounts in relation to referrals are only given when the referee has been confirmed to have retained Border Cards for a full-price service.
We strive for complete accuracy with regard to the content on our website, but please be aware that government rules and regulations frequently change without notice and at any time. Border Cards is not responsible for inaccurate information. Please let us know of any information that is not correct. If you do encounter a discrepancy between our website and our staff, please contact us as soon as you can so we can fix the error. Please include:
- URL of the webpage and if possible quote the information you think is inaccurate
- Name and time you called
- Name of the person you spoke with