The paper application form for NEXUS card is no longer available for download online from the Canadian government. This is because the Canadian government no longer accepts paper applications.
However, a private company can accept your paper application and apply online for you. Border Cards provides this service. Our paper application can be either printed and filled out by hand, or completed in the online browser. Regardless of the way you choose to fill out the application, once completed, you need to print out the BSF658 – NEXUS Application and mail it to a third party company, because CBSA stopped offering mail-in service in early 2019. The Nexus card is an irreplaceable tool to cut down waiting times while travelling between the US and Canada, regardless of whether you are travelling by air, by land or by sea.
An additional option for getting your NEXUS card is available via the Trusted Traveller Programs website managed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
It will take up to 6 months or more to assess your eligibility for the NEXUS program. After you submit the application form for your NEXUS card, you will need to attend an interview at a Nexus processing centre to determine you eligibility.
How to Complete the Application Form for NEXUS Card
Before you complete and send out the Nexus application form, you must ensure that you have all supporting documents at hand that will be used for filling out the application. You also need to possess a valid payment method to pay the $50 processing fee, unless you are applying on behalf of a minor applicant, in which case, he or she will get the Nexus card for free. There are multiple payment methods to pay for the NEXUS card, including credit cards, personal or certified cheques, and money orders.
Indicate the preferred correspondence language – English or French – enclose copies of the mandatory supporting documents, sign and date the application and mail it to the third party company you have chosen.
Make sure that you include copies, and not originals of the following mandatory documents:
- Proof of Canadian or U.S. citizenship and/or permanent resident status, such as:
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate, citizen certificate, or certificate of Indian status
- Permanent resident card or record of landing
- Proof of admissibility to Canada or the US, such as:
- Valid passport
- Valid visa, work permit or study permit
- Proof of current place of residence such as:
- Valid driver’s licence
- Provincial identification card
- Federal identification card
- Document with a current address (utility bill, invoice or bank statement)
- Proof of child custody, such as a court order or a letter of authorization from the non-accompanying parent, if the application is made for a child under the age of 18.
Submitting the Nexus Card Application Form
CBSA discontinued mail-in applications in early 2019. If you want to submit your application by paper, you must use a third party company. If you want to submit it to us, here is our address:
57 Westchester Drive